August 1, 2010

Beautiful Day at Cerro Catedral

As I ascended into Laguna my eyes grew wide as I saw the fresh blanket of snow in front of me. I quickly took my skis off my pack, clicked in and traversed across the slope, scoping out my line. I knew exactly the line I wanted to ski, as I visualized it in my head. A few fresh powder turns into a cliff drop. The second I dropped in a smile spread across my face, which is often evoked by powder. I milked those powder turns for all they were worth, loving every second of it. I then descended to the cliff, pointed my skis and went for it. Stomping the landing the smile that was on my face turned into an uncontrollable grin from ear to ear. It is those little moments that make me love skiing more than most people think possible, and of course I can just never get enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment